This guide will help you create email templates that can help you streamline your replies to potential candidates. We will go over the following:
What is an email template?
In an recruitment process you will often find yourself having to reply to multiple candidates at once in regards to rejection, interview invitations or the like. To save yourself some time you can benefit from using an email template. This way you avoid typing out a unique email for every single applicant.
In addition to the pre-made email templates you can find on your HR-ON Recruit account, you can create your own. Learn how in the paragraph below. You also have the option of editing the pre-made templates so they fit your needs. It is our recommendation that you edit these instead of creating a brand new one from scratch.
A few of the email templates are automatically sent out to the candidates without you having to do any further. Other templates are manually sent out by you to effectively communicate with the candidates. Learn more in this guide on how to reply to your candidates.
How to create an email template
- Go to settings > Email templates > Create email template
- You are now presented with different options:
- Template type: Choose whether this email template should be an option when you create a new job ad, and you are deciding on the kind of auto reply the candidate should receive once they have sent their application. This could be an email template that says “(AUTO) Resume received.” If you do not wish to send out the email automatically as a step in the process, choose “standard template” instead.
- Template name: Assign a name for the template.
- Language: Choose the language of the template. If the language you need is not an option, please contact HR-ON Support.
- Sender: Add the employee you want to be presented as the sender of the email. You have the option of choosing between the user (the employee who sends out the email from the system), the recruitment manager (the person who is the responsible for the recruitment as posted on the job ad) or the department (the department that you are recruiting for).
- Message: In this field you type out the email itself. The toolbox lets you edit the layout, add links or even placeholders. When you click on Add placeholders you are presented with a dropdown list of all the possible placeholders that you can add to the email. Any information is automatically filled into the placeholders when you send out the email like the name of the candidate, contact information of the sender etc.
- SMS: If you fill out this field the applicant will receive a text message on their phone along with the email. Please note that you can only send a short text message.
- Set receiver status as: This field changes the status of the applicant in the system after you send out the email. The candidate will not be able to see their own status. If you do not want the status to change, simply choose “Status unchanged”.
- Click on save. You can always go back to edit the email template by clicking on the three dots on the right in the template overview and click on edit.
The next guide will go over Job ad templates.